This data is updated daily by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services at noon.
Based on what is currently known about the virus, spread from person-to-person happens most frequently among close contacts (within about 6 feet). This is CDC guidance about recommendations for you to use in your home.
This list is composed of cleaners that are expected to be effective against COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
What does it mean?
Guidelines for Individuals to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
We are encountering many new terms from the CDC. These terms can seem similar and confusing. The following definitions might help:
Social Distancing- Practicing social distancing means individuals are consciously avoiding gatherings of people. These individuals may choose to avoid concerts, church, and visit businesses only when necessary. Those practicing social distancing may avoid handshakes and hugs, and will stand an appropriate distance from others when speaking. Individuals who practice social distancing are may still need to attend public places.
Self-isolation- Self isolation requires individuals to stay home. Those who are self-isolating are not visiting any stores, gatherings or churches at all. These individuals should alert others that they are being monitored and/or have COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals who are self-isolating should limit contact with other persons in the same household.
Effective Immediately March 16, 2020 8PM
Per Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Two Rivers Public Health Department is discouraging gatherings of 10 or more people for the next 8 weeks. The situation will be re-evaluated after 8 weeks.
Guidance if COVID-19 appears in Two Rivers Public Health Department
After community transmission is documented in the Two Rivers Public Health District:
- Group gatherings will be advised to limit participants to less than 25 individuals
- TRPHD will encourage restaurants to close dining areas and only provide take-out
- TRPHD will encourage bars to close
About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
How does it spread?
The virus is thought to mainly spread from person to person.
- Between people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet)
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic
- Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms
- There have been reports of this occurring, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads
What is community spread?
Community spread means people have been infected with the virus in an area, including some who are not sure how or where they became infected.